To apply, register an account with SMU. This allows you to save your application and return to it at a later date. Please use the relevant links below to proceed. Internet Explorer is recommended.
For new applicants only.
|Login now||For returning applicants, or applicants with existing accounts. This links to the "Applicant Self Service" portal.|
For smoother processing, you may wish to have the following handy:
- GRE/GMAT/TOEFL/IELTS scores. If you are using a GRE/GMAT score, key it into the application form directly, or email your score report to firstname.lastname@example.org together with your application number (after submitting your application). If you do have neither GRE nor GMAT scores, we will contact you about the SMU admissions test (chargeable). This will be administered only for those who have submitted their applications and paid the application fee.
- Resume/CV, Bachelor's Degree Cert and Transcript for upload.
- Essay answers - refer to the topics below.
- 2 referree details, including contact information. Your referee will receive an email from SMU and asked to fill up a form. An additional referee letter is not necessary, but you may wish to send it to us if you already have it.
Important! For all payments made, remember to save / print the successful transaction page.
For more details on the admissions process, download this PDF.
- Submit your application using the above links.
- We will contact you within 10 working days of your complete* submission to inform you whether you are shortlisted for an interview. A complete submission includes all referee reports and necessary test scores.
- Shortlisted applicants will be interviewed by the Admissions Committee.
- Upon offer, a deposit of S$5,000 will be required. Please review the fees before application.
* An application is completed only when SMU has received all documents necessary for processing, including essays, referee recommendations, test score reports and other certificates/documents as specified by the programme office during the follow-up communications to your application.
- High English proficiency (all courses are delivered and graded in English). Students with a first degree from a non-English speaking university will be required to submit IELTS/TOEFL reports. See institution codes below.
- Good bachelors degree (business, social science, law, public policy or other related fields).
- Significant work experience.
- A competitive GRE score is preferred. Competitive GMAT scores may be accepted in lieu of the GRE. See institution codes below.
If an applicant does not have either, please contact the programme office after submitting the application.
The applicant will be asked to sit for the alternative SMU Admissions Test (chargeable) administered by SMU.
- Recommendations from your current employer or an equivalent, objective party.
- Two short essays, written in English. You will be asked to paste your answers into the application form.
- All nationalities are welcome.
Please provide a succinct statement of your relevant background and interest. Why are you applying for this programme? What would you bring to the classroom discussions and projects? (max. 400 words)
Choose one of the following questions and craft a short (max. 500 words) essay:
Option A: Humanity faces systemic risks on many fronts: economic, environmental, social. Identify one specific issue at the local, national, or international level, and discuss how business, government, and civil society organisations might collaborate to address it.
Option B: Consider the organisation for which you currently work, or one for which you have worked in the recent past. In 10-20 years, what will be its contribution to society? What will be expected from it, what will it be able to deliver, and why?
Tip! Prepare and save your essays in word format and paste it in later.
- GRE: 2861
- GMAT: F8D-02-98
- TOEFL: 9014
- IELTS: no institution code required
Last updated on 20 Mar 2017 .